Thursday, January 1, 2015

IT'S OVER...


Christmas and the year 2014 are over. There is one thing that is not over and will never be as long as you have breath and that is the love of God and His offer for you to start over anytime.

As we begin 2015 let me remind you that the meaning and offer of Christmas is still on. And that is great news! The wonderful offer is that God sent His Son Jesus to save us. To save us from what? you might ask. To save us from sin and death. Check out this Bible verse:

John 3:16-18

16 For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him. 18 Whoever believes in Him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.

I love verse sixteen but seventeen is very important as well. God did not send  His Son, Jesus, to condemn us but to SAVE us. He died in our place at the cross and He is the only One who can remove our sins. The Bible says so. There are a lot of religions out there and I respect their desire to be more spiritual and to do good to mankind and to the earth. We, Christians, believe we are saved by grace through faith and not works or good deeds. Even though we love doing those good deeds out of gratitude and love for Jesus, it is the blood of Jesus that wipes our sins away. 

One time a friend of mine was checking out our Bible study group and said, "The only thing I don't like is why you Christians say that Jesus is the only way to Heaven when there are other good religions out there." There was a silence in the group. I waited a few seconds to give someone else the opportunity to respond. Breaking the silence, I lovingly replied, 'We don't say it, Jesus said it. He said, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." And that's because it was not Buddha, but Jesus who hanged on the cross to pay for our sins.' That answer satisfied my new friend and she still attends Bible studies.

Please know this, Jesus doesn't want anyone to perish and neither do I. That is why I have this blog. I love to share what I've learned through the many years of Bible studies and asking questions. 

I remind you again that Jesus did not come into the world as a baby in a manger and later on be crucified to condemn you, but to save you! I leave you with these Bible verses:

We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know Him who is true. And we are in Him who is true by being in His Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.


Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.

So, my dear blog readers, if you haven't already explored or received the Son of God, Jesus, as your Savior, the offer is not over. Please begin the New Year with the assurance of God's love for you and that He has His arms wide open to forgive you and SAVE YOU!

Prayer to receive God's offer: Dear God, I thank you for sending your Son, Jesus, to save me from my sins. I repent of all the wrong I've done and ask You to please forgive me and save me from my sins. I receive your free gift of grace and mercy. Thank you that I belong to You now. I know I will make mistakes, but I thank you that you paid for all my mistakes at the cross and took my punishment. I know You will help me to live this NEW LIFE with your power and strength and that I will never be alone because I have You. I thank you and praise You in Jesus name. Amen!

HAVE A BLESSED AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! 
http://youtu.be/cPQNMuumLQk

I'm praying for you :)

No comments: