Sunday, December 21, 2014

Marriage Advice to my Son


As the mother of the groom, on February 2013, my son asked me to share three Bible verses at his wedding. These are the ones I shared:


Ephesians 4:26 
“In your anger do not sin”: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry."

I said, "It happens. Sometimes we do go to bed angry with our spouse, but we can still pray when we're angry. We can ask God to soften our hearts. When I do this, God reveals to me that I also need to ask for forgiveness for what I said and other times as soon as I finished praying, my husband came to say he was sorry."

James 1:19
"My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." 

I said, "This one is self-explanatory! My husband and I have been married for 33 years and we would've avoided many arguments if we had been quick to listen and slow to speak. So we're still practicing this one!"

My last verse was my favorite...

John 3:16
"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life."

I said, "This life is temporary. Marriage is until death do us apart, but the love of God is FOREVER. God's love is ETERNAL!!!

No comments: