Wednesday, August 12, 2015

PRAY, PRAY, PRAY FOR YOUR MARRIAGE!!! In the good, the bad and the ugly times...keep on praying!


Dear Readers,

I talked about the importance of dating and prioritizing your marriage in previous blogs. Well, prayer is your biggest weapon to defend your marriage.

The Bible tells us to pray at all times and in all circumstances. To pray without ceasing.

Ephesians 6:18

18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

Please do not let your guards down. Even though I love God and my husband very much, I don't stop asking the Lord to help me love Him and my husband more each day. And even though it is extremely hard to pray when you're angry at your spouse, it's crucial to pray for God to help you in the bad and ugly times of marriage. 
My prayer sometimes will go like this, "Lord, I'm so angry. I can't believe my husband told me that. Please soften my heart and also let him see what he is doing. Please protect our marriage, Lord. In Jesus' name, Amen." Usually, during my prayer God will point to me the wrong things I said, too and helps me to be willing to receive my husband's apology when he says he's sorry. 

God will help you if you ask Him. My next blog will be, "How to argue effectively". 

May the Lord bless your marriage and keep it strong. Remember that His Word, the Bible, is a sword. Don't stop praying even when things are going smoothly and you're feeling happy. Keep asking God to protect your marriage and to keep it spiritually strong and healthy!

Thanks for reading :)

https://youtu.be/pzNyvnC2-1k





No comments: