Tuesday, December 31, 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!


WISHING ALL OF MY WONDERFUL BLOG READERS, FRIENDS ON TWEETER, FRIENDS AND FAMILY ON FACEBOOK A HAPPY NEW YEAR AND A BLESSED 2014!!!

My prayer for all of you is that you will experience the presence of God more in your lives. He loves you and wants to help you navigate this life. Signing up for a study of the Bible in 2014 will help you discover God in a new loving way! Here is an excerpt of my book titled, "How To Love God with All Your Heart" Copyright 2015.


"For a meaningful and intimate study time, remember the Word of God is not only to be read but to be experienced. When you’re reading a Bible passage try to do the following:
·       Visualize it

·       Meditate on it (stop and think about it)

·       If you read a promise—claim it!

·       If a verse “jumps off the page” and speaks to your heart, receive it, for it is the voice of God. Underline the verses that seem to be speaking directly to you.

·       If you read a passage that talks about how much you are loved by God, you may want to pause and give Him thanks for what He has done for you.
When you read the Bible in this manner, your experience will be more profound. For instance, recently I read Numbers 6:22-26 that says, The LORD said to Moses, ‘Tell Aaron and his sons, this is how you are to bless the Israelites. Say to them: The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace.’”  
Then I considered Hebrews 4:14, which state that Jesus is our Great High Priest, “Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has gone through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess.” At that moment I visualized Jesus, as my High Priest, saying this particular blessing over me. Can you imagine that? I said, “Lord, this is how you commanded the priests to bless the Israelites, so please Lord Jesus bless me, keep me, protect me, make your face shine upon me, give me favor and give me peace. I also ask this blessing on all my family and friends.” I then wrote about this experience in my journal. This is what I mean by making the Bible come alive and being a blessing in your life! 

Do you want to experience the presence of God more? Begin to worship Him more. I start my groups with a worship song. I first read the words of the song aloud to reflect about what we’re singing. People can either sing or close their eyes to listen to the words and pray in the quietness of their hearts."  (How To Love God with All Your Heart - Copyright 2015)


What a better way to start the year than worshiping the God who created you and loves you unconditionally...just as you are!

Praying for all of you in 2014!!!

No comments: