Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Valentine's Day - February--The Month of Love!


Happy Valentine's Day!!!

February is the month of love! Everyday can actually be Valentine's day when a couple is "in-love." I made our plans for Valentine's Day since Christmas! 

I recently commented to the cashier lady at Raley's how much I love to see the men buy flowers, cards, balloons and even teddy bears to give to their significant other. I said, "I think it's so romantic to see them come out of the store with all that stuff." Her replied was not so romantic. She said, "I think they're doing it so they won't get in trouble." I laughed!

When it comes to Valentine's Day I don't leave anything to chance. I've been married for almost 32 years and I tell my husband exactly what I want. I'm looking forward to a candlelight dinner at our special restaurant. Chocolate for dessert is in the menu too! 

Other women prefer the element of surprise. Unfortunately, the surprise might be that their loved one forgot or that they didn't meet their expectations. My husband likes the fact that I plan the day. He says I'm being helpful in letting him know my wishes and that makes him happy.

Valentine's Day can be a difficult day for some people. My heart goes out to those of you who are not in a relationship due to a break-up or have lost a spouse. 

In Mexico, Valentine's Day is also called, "El Día De La Amistad" (Friendship Day). You can plan something fun with friends or celebrate "love" with those in your family or visit a retirement home or a shelter.

Several years ago, I wrote a letter to those who are not able to be with the one they love. I will post this letter next week. It is titled, "Jesus is our best Valentine!" You will see why...





No comments: