Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Spring Is Around The Corner!



As I look from my window, I see how this beautiful tree begins to bloom the week before Valentine's Day. Then right on February 14th is in full bloom, as if my Heavenly Father was delivering flowers to me on Valentine's Day!

I grew up in Managua, Nicaragua where we only had one season--hot all year round. It was hot even when it rained. It was beautiful because it was always green. We had flowers all year long.

One of the things I enjoy of living in California is appreciating the changes of the four seasons. We wouldn't look forward to spring if it wasn't because of winter.


You see what I mean? This tree is so spooky. It gave me the creeps when I first saw it. It looks lifeless and dead...


Same tree in summer time...full of life and beauty!

The fall colors are breathtaking...

And the snow is just gorgeous...

I love to experience the changes in color and the beauty around me. My least favorite is the dead looking tree of winter. I was once like that tree. I was depressed and discouraged. Then I met my Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ and He gave me life... abundant life!

I don't know what season of life you are in. But, if you feel like a lifeless tree I can tell you that there is hope. Hang in there. I pray that you will find and experience God's love too. You may want to read my blog titled, "The Best Christmas Present Ever!!!" to read about the hope I'm talking about...

Psalm 1:1-3 says:

Blessed is the man
who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked
or stand in the way of sinners
or sit in the seat of mockers.
But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
and on his law he meditates day and night.
He is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither.
Whatever he does prospers.



Maybe you are like the tree described in this Psalm, if not, remember...spring is just around the corner!


2 comments:

Keli Gwyn said...

Great pictures, Guadalupe! I enjoy all of the seasons, but summer is my favorite. My teacher hubby is off work, it's nice and warm (I do warm well), and the pace of life seems more relaxed.

Guadalupe said...

Thanks for sharing summer girl :) I liked your comment of "the pace of life seems more relaxed." It makes me feel like being under a shaded tree with a lemonade :)