Wednesday, May 20, 2015

LET'S TALK ABOUT MARRIAGE! Never, never, never stop...


Never, never, never stop dating your spouse!
I'm not a marriage counselor
My marriage is not perfect
But I have a few ideas after 35 years of marriage...

These pictures were taken in 1980 as you can see from our wardrobe. We were to select our wedding invitation photo from these proofs. I will talk about marriage in the next few blogs and I'll try to keep them short and sweet. 

My advice this week: Never stop dating each other. 

As you can see from these pictures we were very much in love and still are. These pictures illustrate what we still do after so many years:
  • Hold hands
  • Look into each other's eyes
  • Hug
  • Smile
  • Flirt with each other 
  • Laugh together
  • And look to the future with hope
The most important factor in our marriage is putting God first. He is our source of strength. He gives us the wisdom to enjoy our marriage. 

The other day I picked my husband from work to have lunch together. After we ate we stopped for a few minutes to relax and unwind with this view of the river.

Or we go out for gelatos, watch a sunset, tease each other and be silly in beautiful places like the ones below.



If you're struggling in your marriage, by all means seek professional counseling or take advantage of the vast free material provided at www.familylife.org with articles regarding marriage, romance, sex, parenting and your spiritual life. 

May God bless your marriages and this week make sure you go out and do the things that you first did when you were dating.  It doesn't have to be expensive. The only rule is don't talk about kids, finance or work. You'll probably won't have much to talk about but it's Okay. It'll be like when you were first dating and talked about the weather and your surroundings. Have fun with it!

Invest more time and money in your marriage. My husband and I go out to eat pretty often on our dates. Early on when my husband complained about it, my response was, "It's cheaper than counseling!"  ;) 

So take your sweetheart out and have fun!

Check this video for the greatest love ever...

https://youtu.be/u9N7dhmdC60


No comments: