Friday, April 25, 2014

DEATH - PART THREE "Death Is A Glorious Thing!"...Really?...



Picture this with me: A glorious crown over your head, complete splendor, dressed in white, filled with joy, redeemed, forgiven, no worries, no fears, no pain, a new glorious body, feeling completely loved and accepted, the most breathtaking views surrounding you...This is how God describes in the Bible the eternal life that awaits us after this life when we have chosen to trust Him, believe Him and put our faith in His Son, Jesus Christ!

This is the final part of my blog on the Death Series. On my blog, "Death - Part 1", I wrote about how I woke up the first day of the year, 2014, feeling led by God to write a blog titled, "Death." The next thought that entered my mind on that day at 5:00 a.m..."Death is a glorious thing!" My very next thought was, "How can it be a glorious thing?" Then as I meditated on the promises of God about our own resurrection and arrival to our eternal destiny, I totally agreed with that statement!

Here is an excerpt from my book titled, "How To Love God with all Your Heart" Copyright 2015.

..."If you lost a loved one, God can ease your sorrow. He does it with the comforting hope and assurance that those who died in Christ Jesus will be reunited with all believers in heaven. Notice how verse two mentions what we desire to have on earth. One of them is rest and the other one is peace. Those who have gone ahead of us have both and much more.

 GOD’S LOVE PROMISES


10.  What is Jesus’ promise to all believers? Read John 14:1-4.

Jesus Comforts His Disciples

“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.”

Jesus went ahead to prepare a place for us who believe. One example I use to explain this is a trip to Hawaii. What if I told you that while I was there I would see the most amazing sunsets, waterfalls, sunrises, beautiful trees and flowers? Everything would be perfect. I would not experience pain, sorrow, hunger, sickness, anger, or disappointment. Everyone would be kind and friendly. I’ll have no fear of danger or trouble. I would only experience relaxation, peace, joy and great love. Would you feel sorry that I was going to this place? Of course not, you would want to come with me! This is a small illustration of what happens when believers go to Heaven. Should we be feeling sorry for them? It’s normal to want our loved ones with us and to miss them greatly. But, remember that in reality, they’re living a better life than us."

I have not experienced the death of a close loved one and I do not mean to underestimate the pain and sorrow from the separation and hurt that death causes. I don't want to be insensitive to your loss, if anything I want to give you hope and even a glimpse of joy based on God's Word. I hope the following verses will bring you comfort and peace.

2 Timothy 4:8
Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.

James 1:12
Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.

1 Peter 5:4
And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that will never fade away.

(Jesus speaking on this following passage)
Revelation 3:5
The one who is victorious will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out the name of that person from the book of life, but will acknowledge that name before my Father and his angels. 

Revelation 21:4
‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

Philippians 3:20-21

But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.

1 Corinthians 15:42
So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable.

There is so much to talk about this subject and so many Bible passages, but then this wouldn't be a blog but a whole study on this important matter. Please feel free to send me your questions or comments. Also, on the right hand side of this blog site I included a link to Billy Graham's website where you will find a wealth of information on questions and answers about life and death.

In the meantime, enjoy these songs and may God bless you!!!

http://youtu.be/IifTXVqpV-E

http://youtu.be/FP73T3Pv6Wg


    In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.” 
    Luke 15:10

If you want to know how to obtain eternal life, you can visit several of my blogs where I speak about salvation. You can also watch my interview here and say the prayer at the end of my interview or simply say this prayer:

Dear Jesus, 

I know I'm a sinner and I repent of all the bad things I've done. I believe by faith that you are the Son of God. I believe you died on the cross to pay for the penalty of my sins and make me right with You. I receive your forgiveness and give my life to you now. Thank you for washing my sins away and giving me the gift of eternal life. I pray this in your Name. Amen!

This is the link to my story...

http://youtu.be/pM5bnOu7Ymk

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for the strength and truth in everything you've shared through the word of God.

Guadalupe said...

You're welcome. I'm glad it encouraged and strengthened you. Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback has blessed me. May the Lord continue to bless you!