Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Summer Rest

Do you need rest? Are you feeling tired? Are you doing too much? Even when we are involved in ministry or serving a good cause, Jesus wants us to rest.We know the human body needs rest and relaxation.

Jesus loves us so much that He reminds us of this in Mark 6:30-32:

Jesus Feeds the Five Thousand

30 The apostles gathered around Jesus and reported to him all they had done and taught. 31 Then, because so many people were coming and going that they did not even have a chance to eat, he said to them, “Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest.”
32 So they went away by themselves in a boat to a solitary place.

The disciples had been working with the crowds. Who said, "Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest"? Jesus did. Is He telling you the same thing today? I know He is saying that to me.

Jesus also said in Matthew 11:28: “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

Prayer: Dear Lord, thank you that You care about our bodies and minds. As a good Father you know what's best for us. Please give us the wisdom to listen to your advice and take time to rest. In You, O Lord, our souls find rest. Thank you for allowing us through Your creation to enjoy the simple pleasures of life. I pray for every person reading this blog, Lord. Please give them rest, joy and peace. Bless them and their families. May they know how much You love them. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen!

Enjoy this song, titled, "Rest My Soul"

Breathe and let go of any tension as you relax your muscles...breathe...breathe...

http://youtu.be/PSMCOAlDsl4

No comments: